Interesting Articles

Callused Feet.Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!

During the summer, especially in Alabama, it is too hot to be wearing close-toe shoes all the time. Summer means wearing the latest, cutest sandals and flip flops. This is one of my favorite things about summer. I LOVE flip flops! Callused feet on the other hand..yeah, not so much.

Callused feet are caused by a number of things but I'm pretty sure mine have ended up that way because I walk around barefoot 80% of the time and the other 20% of that time I am wearing flip flops or sandals. And I'm not going to post a picture of my feet because I'd rather not show y'all my nasty feet. And I honestly didn't think they we're that bad until my husband brought it to my attention.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out a solution when I remembered that when my nanny 's feet we're dry she used to put lotion on her feet and wear socks to bed. THIS was a huge problem for me because I cannot stand wearing socks to bed and or the thought of putting damp, lotion-y feet in socks. Ugh. But I tried it anyway and much to my surprise this little trick works!!

I use Layers by Scenty in the Enchanted Mist scent. (That scent had been discontinued which sucks because it smells sooooooooooo good.) The best part about this lotion other than the scent is that it has Aloe Vera and Shea Butter in it which are great for your skin. It is also formulated like high-end spa lotion so it has rich emollients which leave your skin feeling super silky smooth. Did I mention is smells good?? The Lucky in Love smells just like Love Spell from Victoria's Secret. I'm not sure how Scentsy got away with that but it does smell just like it. You can go to Scentsy's website to check out all of their other scents and packages that you can buy this in if you are interested in their awesome lotion. (Their bath gel is also pretty great too!)

I did this every other night for about two weeks and my feet looked pretty awesome. And then I got lazy. Which is usually my problem with everything. But now my calluses are coming back so I will probably bust out the socks tonight. Putting them on after lotion really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and it makes my feet look pretty so I'm working on making this a nightly thing.

Sweet dreams, crusty feet!!

Posted in Newspaper Post Date 09/16/2016


Comments

Name


Email


Website


Comment


Print Friendly